Vitulix is a feed block specifically designed for young dairy/beef calves out on Spring pasture. It is the only concentrated concentrate on the market to look after your youngstock whatever the weather. It provides calves with a complete feed and supplies all their required protected minerals and vitamins. It is made from dehydrated molasses and has a dry matter content of 97%.
- Provides 20% more energy than bagged feed
- Complements grass without replacing it
- Contains protected protein, oils and trace elements
- Includes three protected sources of copper
- Reduces bullying at the trough
- Allows younger calves to catch up with older calves
- Made using dehydrated molasses which allows controlled intakes
- Helps prevent spread of diseases via birds e.g. coccidiosis
- Reduced labour – no longer have to move troughs or carry bagged feed to calves out at grass
- 120 to 150g/head/day – ideally place 1 bucket per 15-20 calves
- Pack size: 25kg tub
Help and Advice
It is very important when managing stock to manage their minerals! Our latest grass sample report gives a good insight into what minerals are lacking and what we need to supplement our grazing livestock for optimum health & performance.
Grass samples were collected across the country week commencing 21st September. On a whole, September has been quite a good month weather wise across the country. However, with ups and downs in temperatures we are experiencing colder nights and frosty mornings going forward into October.
Grass samples were collected across the country in mid-June. During this period, we saw much more rainfall compared to the drought conditions in places during the month of May. We experienced average temperatures in the region of 12-15 °C.